Dogs Currently Available for Stud
We do offer stud services and can provide both live covers and chilled semen. All costs associated with the collection and shipping of semen are the responsibility of the Dam owner.
In order to protect the breed, we do have specific requirements in place that your dog must meet. The following is a "minimum" list of requirements. Unfortunately, we can not make any exceptions to these rules:
1. Female dog must be at least 2 years old and no older than 7 years old.
2. Must be AKC registered.
3. Must have OFA hip certification. (Penn Hip or European certifications acceptable)
4. Must be DM Tested through the OFA.
5. Must have DNA on file with the AKC.
6. Should have at least a Canine Good Citizen Title or German Shepherd Dogs of America Temperament Test (exceptions made on a case by case basis) .
a. IPO Titles or equivalent preferred.
7. Must be current on vaccinations and HeartGard medications.
8. Must have had a Canine Brucelosis Test within the last 30 days.
If your female meets these requirements, you can email a copy of her pedigree, along with her AKC registration, OFA Certificates and vet records to: email@example.com
This should be done several weeks before your female comes into season so that proper preparations can be made. Stud fees vary between dogs based on titles and pedigrees. We may consider "pick puppy" in lieu of stud fees in some rare occassions.
Sampson is a 6-year-old "Plush" coat AKC German Shepherd and is sable in his coloring. He is a mixture of Show and Working European lines. Sampson has OFA Certified Good Hips and Normal Elbows. Sampson also has AKC DNA and is a DM "Carrier". Any dam being mated with Sampson must test "DM CLEAR". Sampson's sire was a Police K9 and his dam came from an extensive show-line pedigree.
Here is Sampson's pedigree:
Sampson vom Haus Middleton - Stud Fee: $600